Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Word Art- A Must Have For The Dorm!

My new favorite website is tagxedo.com  for word art.  I have been a big fan of Wordle but now I have found something even better!  Tagxedo allows you to build your word art into a cute shape:
I spent hours trying to do this with Adobe- with no success.  This site was so simple and looks perfect for that sorority dorm room wall art!  I finally created something that my daughter liked and actually wants to use in her room and I did not even have to spend a lot of money...and my kids thought I had no hidden talents...web surfing IS my gift. :) Note to Moms: after you create the art be sure to let your child look at it before you print it to allow him or her to veto any unwanted words.


Tips for Using the Website:
Begin at the create tab at the top of the page
Repeat any words that you want to be larger than the others
Load your words or add an url or paste words into the box
Be sure to pay attention to the black arrows on the left column to change the color, orientation,font or shape.
Check out the options on the Word/Layout Options (I allowed for words to be repeated)
Then you can save, print, or share your word art.  I save mine at 16mp jpg because I was going to print a poster.





No comments:

Post a Comment